Read the entire packet materials carefully to ensure you:
- Take advantage of all opportunities afforded to exhibitors (e.g. VIP Buyer Invitation Cards, Preferred Rate E-Cards, etc.).
- Be aware of the schedule (Exhibit Hall Hours, booth preparation and closing times, booth installation and dismantling hours).
Exhibitor Management Area:
Once you are a confirmed exhibitor an access password will be sent to you.
Once you receive it, please familiarize yourself with its key features that include:
- Complete exhibitor contact information to include: address, phone, fax, and email.
- Company profile information to include: web address, points of contact, description and top products.
- Current list of exhibitors (this is password-protected for registered exhibitors only).
- Product category specific search capability to assist buyers in identifying you from the “Beauty Match” area.
- Interactive floor plan map.
If yes, announce in your ads early on your presence at Cosmoprof North America and as soon as you know your booth number list that as well along with the show logo.
WANT TO INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO A DISTRIBUTOR / RETAILER?
One easy way to break through the clutter and introduce your company in a
way that will make it stand out is by sending in a VIP Buyer Pass with your company
name and invitation to visit your booth to a distributor / retailer company whom you’d
like to do business with but have never met before. The VIP Buyer Pass gives them free
show access, a great value that any buyer will appreciate.
When you send the VIP Buyer Pass you may want to also include a company
introduction, proposed meeting agenda and other additional details that
may be of interest to the buyer prospect
**PBA members can log onto www.probeauty.org to select distributors of
interest and find the appropriate contact information. **
LEVERAGE YOUR SHOW PARTICIPATION TO MAXIMIZE YOUR CURRENT BUSINESS
Mail the Preferred Rate E-Cards to your current buyers and invite them to
stop by your booth; emphasize your new products that you’ll have on display,
the promotional schedule / opportunities, etc. Most likely your current buyers
will already be at Cosmoprof North America. By you sending them the attraction
points as a meeting request form along with the Preferred Rate E-Cards entitling
them to 50% discount and listing your company’s booth number you are more likely
to solidify your business with those accounts.
And create special promotions to attract your customers to your booth…
create raffles and mail along raffle tickets.
USE THE COSMOPROF NORTH AMERICA MARKETING POWER
Please review the MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES for complimentary and paid sponsorships that will give you a unique competitive advantage.
…AND THE COSMOPROF NORTH AMERICA PUBLIC RELATIONS EXPERTISE
Our PR experts are closely liaising with the trade media as well as with consumer
press. Send our team your company information complete with new products to allow
them to promote your newness to our media contacts. It can give you free exposure
in coveted publications which attracts you opportunities beyond your Cosmoprof North America participation.
PRE-EXHIBIT PREPARATION TIPS:
- Plan and design your booth to ensure that key items are prominently displayed and easily understood. Check with the sales team for
restrictions and suggestions to maximize your presentation.
- Be approachable; have your team members acknowledge passersby’s; smile and greet browsers, invite them in
- Get to your booth on time each day and remain
until the end of each day.
- Set up merchandising display(s) and be prepared to various visitor categories (distributors; OTC’s; salon / spa owners; chain store buyers; specialty store buyers; manufacturer reps)
- Familiarize yourself with identifying the color badges to tailor your message accordingly.
- Ensure someone is always at your booth. If possible, always have someone available who is not involved in appointments to take advantage of non-appointment
inquiries which may result from walkthroughs.
- Ensure company name and booth number are easy to see.
- Have business cards and company brochures readily available.
EXHIBIT MEETING TIPS:
Be Prepared: Most visitors will only give you a 15-minute appointment in your booth. Be concise, limit handouts to a minimum and recap your meeting with a
follow-up note. Exhibitors should be prepared to discuss:
- Sales results / expectations;
- Extreme successes and best practices;
- Noteworthy highlights which help to explain the success formula for the products (i.e., promotion, pricing, merchandising, etc.).
- Protocol: Limit the time for introductions as visitors are anxious to get to the business at hand.
- Document: Document all conversations during your meetings and highlight any proposed follow-up actions so that you may follow-up promptly after the event.
NETWORK AT THE SOCIAL BUSINESS FUNCTIONS
Familiarize yourself with all the events hosted around Cosmoprof North America. They offer the perfect opportunity to make new business contacts. And also learn something new at the
conferences organized in conjunction with key trade publications; plus introduce yourself to the publication representative to promote your company.
WALK THE SHOW FLOOR
Make sure to make time to visit the show floor particularly Pavilion B dedicated to the suppliers to the industry where you can discover a new potential supplier.